Keeping its annual appointment, the good weather is here, and with it this irresistible urge to spend more time outside, to stroll, to meet up and to exercise !
Leave your gym membership card behind and head for these 5 spaces in the Cannes region, synonymous with exercising (physical that is, not your wallet) in the great outdoors :
- Fans of sliding on hard surfaces have the Esplanade de la Pointe Croisette available to them, set up between the Roseraie and the sea. Rather a nice setting, don’t you think? A high ramp will challenge the most experienced of skateboarders.
- On the Croix des Gardes hill, you have almost 20 km of paths combined with a sports trail studded with fitness equipment open to you. Will you make it to the end ?
- You have no doubt noticed the predominantly-blue disks strewn along the city’s pavements, but do you know what they represent ?
Quite simply, they mark out the jogging and hiking paths that run over a total of more than 60 km. The one along the Siagne canal on the heights opposite the bay is a must run !
- The Grand Bleu open-air pool at La Bocca , offers the greatest of pleasure to swimmers, paddlers and dreamers. In fact, its Olympic-size lanes were an extra-mural design, and that’s just wonderful !
There is also a 25 m pool for youngsters.
- Beside Montfleury park, to the East of the city, are the clay courts and bouncing balls.
Tennis is open to all, both for seasoned amateurs, with courts available for hire by the hour or annual subscription, and for beginners with a school for children and adults offering private and group lessons.
There are many other open-air sports areas available in Cannes: on the beach, land and sea, and open to everyone. The full list can be found here.