A little behindhand for Mother’s Day? Here are a few ideas to treat your mum and make the best and most touching choice for her.
Gift Idea 1 – Seats at a show : the Summer and Winter cultural seasons at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès have a host of great gift ideas :
– for dance mums, a show at the Festival International de Danse
– for music mums, theatre and live performances, a fantastic choice to select from the season Sortir à Cannes 2017-2018 with the programme coming out soon: 31st May at 6pm, Théâtre Debussy at the Palais des Festivals.
Gift idea 2 – A day of relaxation and wellbeing : with a dozen or so spas in Cannes, pampering is a must, and of course it’s the opportunity for you to go along with mum and take advantage too.
– the Thermes Marins : a Mother’s Day special: a half-day wind-down pass not only for treatment but also access to the Thermes.
– the Five Seas Hotel : an escapade with two special offers for beauty treatment at the Cinq Mondes and Carita. Extend the day relaxing with a lunch beside the rooftop swimming pool.
– the Spa Marilyn has on offer a whole package for two. A glass of champagne at the hotel Lounge-bar, a night in an Executive room, breakfast Buffets, 1h30 access to the sauna or hammam for each of you, an hour’s DUO massage – the choice is yours, indulgent treatment, a 30’ facial and tea – noblesse oblige. Find here all the well-being addresses in Cannes.
Gift idea 3 – A mouth-watering treat, that’s what we can always fall back on if we’re strapped for time, a nip round to the patisseries or chocolate-boutiques to bring a bit of sweetness into this sometimes cruel world.
A nice big box of macaroons at Ladurée, 79 Rue Antibes, will always go down well and the gorgeous box will be something to hold onto when the macaroons have vanished.
Find here the addresses of chocolate boutiques and other mouth-watering specialists.
Gift idea 4 – A little stroll round the flower market, forever a great standby:
Lots of choice, from the Allées de la Liberté to the Marché Forville.