A 4-star hotel of a new kind, with urban design, with all-inclusive services and fully connected! OKKO Hotel Cannes, Wahou!
Before recommending the hotels of our destination, the team of the blog makes a visit on your behalf, and this week, I tested the new establishment of the very new Okko chain that has just opened in Cannes.
The Location: inside the SNCF train station, in the heart of the city, 3 minutes walk from the Palais des Festivals and La Croisette. The entire area of the station has just been fully renovated; everything is clean, beautiful, modern and practical. The hotel has been built entirely on a new area and adjoins the magnificent stairway-mirror of the parvis of the station.
– The access: 30 meters from the train station, the entrance is discreet, in a corner of the building just after the staircase-mirror and the buses parking. But it is worth it to cross the small patio protected by the great white gate to arrive in the small hall then proceed immediately to the 6th floor, central location of the hotel.
– The check-in: As I said to you, this hotel is of a new kind because it is fully connected! We check-in directly by SMS or by email, we are guided to our guest room thanks to our phone and as there are no additional charges due to the fact of it being all-inclusive, bookings are pre-paid, and there is no consuming check-out time.
– The Club: there is on the roof a real place of life, exchange and sharing thanks to the hotel being “all-inclusive”. First of all, the view gives a magnificent view of the roofs of Cannes, and the terrace deck all in wood invites one to relax. In the large room all concrete with plate glass windows and with design furniture, you can enjoy soft drinks at any time. Also, you can work, as complimentary Wi-Fi and computers Mac Air are included. At the end of the day, it is the aperitivo, a buffet where we can taste local products also still in the all inclusive format which includes charcuterie, cheeses, beverages Michel and Augustine, soups, quiches… A wine bar completes the atmosphere aperitif.
– The Rooms: all identical, design realized by Patrick Norguet, there are 18m2 of urban chic comfort. Material in crumpled linen, raw concrete, high-tech coating mixing natural fibers and technical material, the entire room is modern and bright, but the photos speak better than a long speech. Here also the all-inclusive concept is checked with the films on request, including service in the guest room rate.
– The Fitness area : hammam, fitness room with Swiss-ball for amateur of Pilates, elliptical…but for the form, nothing is as a good as walking or jogging along the sea only 3 minute walk away.
– The hosts: this all-digital concept, allows staff to be free of administrative tasks and so, they are our hosts, really there to guide us and recommend good addresses for walks, visits, and night life.
– The rates: from 85€ per night to discover all there is to see at the hotel (rates subject to change depending on time of year) in an all-inclusive formula.
Our team has really been impressed by the innovative concept, the friendliness of the welcome, the beauty of the spaces and the localization. The big plus at the Okko is the all inclusive formula with the good local products.
And if you have tested your own establishment in Cannes and wish to make a recommendation, fell free to give us your comments and good ideas here below.
All accommodations to stay in Cannes are on www.cannes-destination.fr