The Tourist Office team has come up with a multitude of outing ideas for you, to enrich your Easter weekend, which, in a change from the usual, extends over 3 days.
On offer : laughter, open-air sports, a ballet-dance, natural guided tours, exhibitions, and also locations where you can sway, glass in hand to the background of rhythmic music, both night… and day!
This long Easter weekend, we plan to burn the calories resulting from binging on the associated chocolate, lamb and wine.We’re going to be sporty !
Sport consists in providing the body with a few of the greatest virtues of the soul, according to the French writer and diplomat Jean Giraudoux.
– You will no doubt be able to discover these virtues during a training circuit on the sand, right beside the water’s edge, offered to all by the town in the early morning.
Meet up on the beach, from 10:00 to 11:00, kiosk 16 boulevard du Midi.
– For botany lovers, or even those who simply admire nature, this day is for you, with this beautiful guided visit to the Noailles media library garden.
Côte d’Azur Gardens Festival, from 10:00 to 11:00 – booking on 04.97.06.44.83
– As of 15:00, there will be a readers’ café in the same location, a peaceful place to lose yourself in a book.
– Another guided visit will give you the opportunity to enter the gates of the Villa Domergue and discover its fabulous gardens. From 15:00 to 18:00 by reservation on 04.89.82.24.40.
Why not continue the day with a good slice of laughter ?
Performances by our famed comedians or by those that will become so are back once again this year, and taking over the town’s theatres, to truly exercise your smiles.
– Stan will unveil “A little De Vinci in all of us” in the MJC Picaud theatre as of 18:30, while five artistes offer you an original and sensitive narration on the life of Yves Montand. Théâtre de la Licorne – 20h30 – www.performancedacteur.com
For a magical Easter weekend with your children
Let your imagination take flight with the spectacular Peter Pan ballet, interpreted in the tradition of American ballets and the great musical comedies of Broadway. A première in France, and held at the Palais des Festivals !At 20h30. Booking at the Palais des Festivals ticket office and the usual points of sale
Night owls will enjoy a sip at the Ptit Bar immersed in Nicoise-style sound therapy courtesy of Nicolas Collonge, and/or moving and grooving in the supercharged atmosphere of the Baoli, provided by Nico de Andrea on the decks.
P’tit Bar : 11 rue des Frères Pradignac – Baôli : Port Canto
A crowd of high-level athletes expected on La Croisette at dawn for the 4th edition of the Cannes International Triathlon !
On the programme: a 2 km swim departing from Bijou Plage, cycling 100 km, crossing the Esterel Massif, and a 16 km run on our famous boulevard! So come and cheer them on! As of 08:00, Square de Verdun.
If you prefer, exhibitions and even nature, engravings and urban photos are open to you :
– The “Hurban Vortex, photographs by Boris Wilensky” exhibition. At the Suquet des Artistes, free entry, from 10:00 to 18:00.
Nature is given pride of place through oil paintings, watercolours and drawings by Bellini – Musée Chapelle Bellini – 67 Avenue de Vallauris – T : 04 93 38 61 80
– The artist Stanley William Hayter shows us the metamorphosis of lines in his engravings. La Malmaison (from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00. Price: €6).
Humour once again, with this show from BenH, taking a look at the major stages of our lives, to make everyone laugh even more. MJC Picaud – 18h30.
The evening will give way to the “Pulsions” of Kyan Khojandi, author and character in the successful mini-series “Bref”, on the stage of the théâtre Debussy at 20h30. Performances d’Acteurs
Those amongst you more keen on antiques will take a tour of the antiquarian and modern art fair before it closes. Ferry port. Entrance: €6.
Long awaited by its aficionados, the Easter Monday Bal des Fous is making its comeback with the Easter eggs, at Palm Beach where a relaxed atmosphere and extraordinary costumes always play a role !
From 14:00, free entry. Palm Beach at the tip of La Croisette.