To be prepared for the arrival of the Cannes Film Festival, it‘s more than necessary, it‘s essential. You will find in this blog all the information such as where to find a bowtie, a reliable accommodation, or where to go but also where to see the projections in free access… and yes, to enjoy the serenity of the Festival there are plenty of details from the blog that gives you its tips and tricks.
– Where to find a bowtie: in Monoprix, Celio, Armand Thierry, Jules, and several stores for men in Cannes and surroundings.
– Where to rent a tuxedo or an evening outfit : There are two shops in Cannes, “Air de Fête” at 16 rue du Docteur Pierre Gazagnaire, as well as” Autour d’un soir” at 27 Boulevard Carnot.
– Where to find a Wi-Fi connection: the gardens of the City Hall offers free Wifi connections and in many institutions around the Palais des Festivals.
– Where to buy adapters: In Monoprix, FNAC and Darty.
– Where to buy a stepladder: In Bricorama, 8 rue Louis Braille, +33 (0)4 97 06 16 00
– Where to buy the 2016 Cannes Film Festival poster (as well as t-shirts, goodies, bags…): At the official shop of the Tourist Office and also in the three official shops of the festival at Pantiéro Esplanade, Square Renaldo Hanh and Promenade Favre Le Bret, near the beach Macé.
– Where to buy the miniature Palmes d’Or (Golden Palms): This does not exist.
– Good transportation plans: the weekly bus Palm card for 11€ allows you to take the bus an unlimited number of times during a week from the first use.
– Palm Night: night network Palm bus with added service during the Festival. Information on the site www.palmbus.fr.
– Circulation: All changes of traffic will be shown in the monthly Cannes Soleil magazine of May, special edition called “Festival”.
– Who has the right to drive: Who should I contact to be able to get around the city without any problems? Cannes inhabitants must apply to the Municipal Police, the others (VTC) must send an e- mail to email@example.com
– Can I ride on the Croisette?: Yes, but note that at the end of the afternoon the southern part is closed.
– What is the best place to see the celebrities?:
Les Marches: (the steps): arrive at the bottom of the steps as early as possible during the day
The Pétanque: on the “Allées de la Liberté”, it’s not rare to see the stars refine their gesture to that game.
–Where is the room of the 60th?: it is the roof of the Riviera Space.
– How much does it cost to reserve a spot to view the cinema at the beach?: Free projections in open-air, films of Cannes Classics or world preview. On the beach Macé, first come first served, there is no invitation needed and it is not possible to book a place. Free access.
How to buy tickets for “La Quinzaine des Réalisateurs”: It’s the only selection of Cannes to open its doors to the public by a subscription system and tickets on sale at the performance. The ticketing office is reserved for the Croisette Theater room at the JW Marriott and at the Cinema Les Arcades. The other rooms are accessible thanks to accreditations or invitations issued by the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs or the Cannes cinema system. Tickets are on sale on the square in front of the Malmaison (47 bd the Croisette) soon after the opening of the Festival.
– How to attend the Semaine de la Critique : Not priority access. Free tickets can be obtained at the Espace Miramar (at the corner of the Croisette and Rue Pasteur) within the limit of the seats available.
– How to see a film of the Official Selection : Invitation only.
– If a photographer takes a picture of you during the Festival, remember to keep his card of visit in order to have his contact to receive the snapshots.
Good Festival to all!